Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Finding my Strength, Using my Voice

Lately, I've let a lot of doubt into my life. It's causing me a lot of anxiety, and there's not a whole lot I hate more than feeling like all my plans are bad ones.

I want to trust that God will let the right thing happen, but I'm so concerned with pleasing other people, I fear I'll take the path of least resistance, because that's what I tend to do when I'm in a bind.

Since my last post here, I've moved again, about 30 minutes away from my last residence. I plan on moving again very soon, so I've been pretty obstinate about not unpacking anything. I'm just going to have to pack it up and move again.

I've not been as diligent in reading my Bible as I probably should be. I've not been praying like I should. I need to direct my attention back to God rather than dwell on my own problems. Here are some Bible verses I'm studying to give myself some strength and comfort.

"Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me" Psalm 25:1-2


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1

"He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my r of Christ may rest on me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.weaknesses, that the powe" 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, and flame will not scorch you." Isaiah 43:2


"In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment