Monday, July 11, 2011

Temporary

As I write this, I am sitting in a restaurant down the street from my new home.

Normally that would be exciting news, but I'm really unhappy with the situation. Mainly because of the events leading up to my move. My roommate, a friend I've known for 10 years canceled our lease agreement and refuses to tell me why. The job I have doesn't pay me well enough to let me stay in the neighborhood where I used to live. This has forced me to move back home with my father, who is also in the process of moving, which means I'll be moving twice in one month. I also don't have a driver's license, which restricts my freedom even further.

The biggest problems that this situation presents are:

1: Me getting to my job. My dad lives about a 20 minute drive away from my job. Since I'm at the mercy of his schedule, that leaves me with a feeling of uncertainty about the future of my current job. Which leads me to my second problem.

2: Me getting to my boyfriend. We lived within shouting distance of one another since we met, and we got pretty used to living so close to one another. However, I'm FAR more optimistic about our future together than I am of the future of my job.

 The lack of control I have made me so angry. I felt as if I'd been robbed. I felt like I failed. My freedom and independence were stolen from me by circumstance and there was nothing that I could do.

I'm slowly getting used to the idea. It's been a lot of change very quickly- which is VERY challenging for someone as stubborn as I am.

Then I thought of a Bible verse my pastor spoke about the first time I came to my new church.

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jerimiah, 29:11)

Meditating on this verse, and also praying by myself and with others is slowly bringing me to a place of peace. 

I know that my suffering is temporary. I know that my suffering has a purpose. Even if the purpose isn't clear crystal clear to me right now, I know that God is protecting me. I trust Him with my future and my well-being. I trust His will. And everything is going to be okay.


Love
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment